Monday, November 18, 2013

Contract Coordinator

Hello all,

"Contract Coordinator"

When I was 16 and got my first car my Father taught me how to change the oil. It needed to be done every 3,000 miles or 6 months whichever came first. I found it to be a very unpleasant chore... however Dad was looking over me so it got done. When I turned 18 I moved out of my house and, well, Dad was not looking over me any longer. 3,000 miles past, 6 months past, 5,000 miles past, 9 months past. I knew I needed to do it but I had such a bad taste for the chore that I put it off and off. One day I got an ad in the mail for getting an oil change at the gas station down the street, it also happened to be by a restaurant I liked. So I scheduled to get my oil changed while I went to lunch, it became my system for getting it done and it only cost me a little bit of money. Something unpleasant for me became a pleasant experience. Unnecessary little story but I look back to it when I speak with agents that are "Paperwork Challenged". Some of you look at paperwork as such an unpleasant chore that you put it off and off then spend way to much time agonizing over it.

 We are pleased to announce that we are expanding our contract to close department in the offices. Michelle Gray will be joining Michelle Thrasher to help provide the expanded services. Michelle Gray will be taking over the day to day operations, Michelle Thrasher will be overseeing the process and jumping in to help out when needed. Michelle Gray will be splitting her time between Potomac & Germantown, this is a great opportunity for our Germantown agents to get some help. Megan will continue to handle contract to close in Aspen Hill. Please contact me with any questions and find out how to get started!

Look forward to seeing everyone tomorrow for Thankful Tuesday. There will be a short 10 minute meeting before we eat so please be on time.

Enjoy the coffee,
Joe 

Monday Morning Coffee
INSPIRATION FOR TODAY:
 
"He was a self-made man who owed his lack of success to nobody." 
 
~ Joseph Heller 
 
THANKS FOR NOTHING! 
 
Who ever heard of an unsuccessful "self-made" man? Does anybody set out to become a failure? Well, of course not, but a lot of people who end up that way often end up finding fault with their circumstances or the people that surround them. 
 
What is so honorable about Joseph Heller's man is that he doesn't blame anyone for his admitted lack of success. And just because he hasn't reached the summit, it doesn't stop him from feeling like a self-made man or taking full responsibility. He's still confident in himself and accepting of his situation. 
 
We should be careful, however, not to confuse acceptance with apathy. Accepting the way things are does not make us weak, because acceptance acknowledges the difference between the things we can change and those over which we have no control. Blame and apathy are the benchmarks of someone who has relinquished their control. 
 
Part of the secret of taking the sour with the sweet is applying your own perspective and coming to grips with your control or lack of control over the circumstances and the results. If you screwed up, well, so be it, as long as you personally accept your responsibility before someone else tries to make you feel incompetent. And if it wasn't your fault, why in the world would you let someone try to convince you otherwise? 
 
Eleanor Roosevelt has been attributed with wisely observing, "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." This explains the implied confidence of the gentleman in today's quote. He's not "successful," yet by blaming no one but himself, he avoids the contempt and derision of his peers. In other words, as long as you are comfortable with yourself and your decisions, no one can touch you. Follow your bliss! 

No comments:

Post a Comment